The Best Way to Make Hard Boiled Eggs:
1. Fill a 2 quart sauce pan 2/3 full of water, put on the lid and bring to a boil.
2. Get a nice dozen eggs out of the fridge.
3. Find a "push pin" and poke a tiny hole in the big end of each egg.
4. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water (I use a slotted spoon), put on the lid and let them simmer for 10 minutes. Remove them from the hot water and immediately put them into a bowel of ice water.
5. After a few minutes, remove them from the ice water, put into a bowl and store them in the fridge (or eat some first.)
This method makes them VERY easy to peel! Even fresh eggs!
How to Make Stewed Prunes the Easy Way
1. Fill a mason jar 3/4 full of prunes/dried plums
2. Fill the jar with boiling water, put on a lid and let it sit in the fridge for a few days.
3. If you let them sit for at least a week, the resulting liquid is thicker, and the prunes are smoother.
So, those are the "little things" happening in my kitchen today that I thought I would share in case it might be helpful.