Sunday, June 6, 2010

Early June Garden

Now that the weather is really warming up, things are beginning to look very promising in the vegetable garden. I still have carrots and Swiss chard that I'm using from the greenhouse, but now outside there are lovely onions and kale to eat also.

Here are my zinnias and marigolds. Just simple little flowers, but I love them. The zinnias are so nice to cut and bring into the house and I use the marigolds to dye wool for spinning.



Here you can see the potato patch (and our neighbor's truck.)



We have glorious onions this year!



Cucumbers and tomatoes with sugar snap peas in the background.



Here's a general view. You can see the corn and beans. We have several other things as well... if I can remember them all ~ collards, more Swiss chard, beets, carrots, radishes, kale, broccoli, cabbages, leeks, pumpkins, summer and winter squashes, and I started a little row of strawberries for next year.



I love this time of year. Everything is doing well and I don't have to start the canning/drying/freezing yet! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi there:) Thanks for the comment on the virgin coconut oil, I've not heard of that so I will do some research on it, I take Cymbalta for my fibro. but would LOVE to get off of it! Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks great! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self sufficiency is a beautiful thing. You are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sarah. I nearly blushed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...