Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Goodie Balls



I've been making these, in one form or another, since 1976! Most of you, my gentle readers, were probably not even born then. :)

Goodie Balls


Peanut Butter
Honey
Unsweetened, medium flake, dried coconut
Brown sugar (or Rapadura)

Mix equal parts of peanut butter and honey. Gradually stir in the coconut until the mixture is stiff enough to roll into little balls.

Roll the dough into small balls and then roll them in brown sugar or Rapadura (which is more finely ground than Sucanat.)

You may also add raisins or other chopped dried fruits or chopped nuts. Other nut butters can be substituted as well.

3 comments:

  1. Eva was just telling me last night that she wanted some goodie balls. She LOVES them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved these. Sommer loves them too. I remember us making them with powdered milk when we were younger though. I was just wondering the other day what I could use instead of the powdered milk cause I know that is bad for you. Now I know what to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of your (older) readers,lol, I graduated high school in 1976. I will bookmark this recipe to try. I know I have the peanut butter, honey and brown sugar on hand and I have to look to see if I have coconut.
    Have a great day.
    debbieo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...