Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I love Zinnias

Zinnias are so very easy to grow.  They are colorful, beautiful, prolific, make their own seeds that you can save, and if you can keep them weeded long enough to get a good start, they are very tolerant of neglect. Even in this year of drought, my zinnias are thriving.  These are a perfect fit for me because my energy goes into raising food, and I have very little left for tending flowers. 

I was out picking tomatoes this morning and quickly cut a bunch of Zinnias.  Ahhh... so nice.  :D

3 comments:

  1. I love them too! Yours look lovely! I just came in from cutting some from my garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zinnias, they are so hardy and cheerful. I even managed to grow some inside my apartment in a sunny window! Enjoy yours!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am impressed! I did not know you could grow them inside!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...