Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Still Life...





As I mentioned in the last post, I am not a quilter.  Well, I am not an artist or a photographer either.  I hope this photo shows up well.  I went out to the garden to see what I could find to put in a stir-fry for our supper and came back with the front of my shirt piled with these items... a couple green tomatoes, one small paste tomato (which I promptly ate), flat-leaved parsley, a little broccoli and some fresh basil.

As it was sitting there on the cutting board, it just looked so beautiful and I realized, aha!  That must be how "still life" paintings were born.  Someone(s) just happened to have such a lovely scene on their table and decided it would make a nice painting.

Just some early Autumn musings...

2 comments:

  1. I agree, that is beautiful. Isn't it inspiring to just notice beauty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Simple things sometimes just grab my attention and make me so grateful.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...