Thursday, August 11, 2011

The best way to peel garlic

This is not my idea, but I have read it in several places on the internet, so am not going to attempt to give credit to all of those writers. It's like this ~ Take a clove of garlic from the garlic head. Lay it on your cutting board and cut it in half, lengthwise. Then, it is very easy to slip the peel off. It works beautifully! Then you can smash and mince or put it through a garlic press or whatever you like, but the peel is off and out of the way. :)

3 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this before! Recently I have taken to buying a bag of garlic from Costco already peeled. When I am making salsa for canning, peeling heads of garlic just takes too much time! But the fresh heads are always tastier...more garlicky...I will definitely try this peeling method!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad! I grew my own garlic this year and so was happy to find this tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband lays the clove on the cutting board and lays the flat of his knife on it and gives it a wack with the palm of his hand and then peels it. I will tell him about this technique.
    debbieo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...