Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stainless Steel Drain Board!!!

Finally!  At last I found a source for a Stainless Steel dish drainer board.  I LOVE this thing.  If you are a hand dish washer, like me, you know how it is... no matter how hard you try to keep your dish drainer board clean and nice... well, it just doesn't really work very well.  I have washed, and scoured, and poured boiling water, and it still ends us looking icky.

THOSE DAYS ARE OVER


I bought this item from:

Rolling Acres Housewares
31640 State Road 643
Fresno, OH  43824

They do not have an email address, telephone number or a website.  If you would like to get one of their catalogs, just write to them and enclose a check or cash in the amount of $3.  It's a wonderful catalog full of all kinds of things: sturdy egg beaters, kitchen equipment and dishes, aprons, ice cream freezers, canning supplies and other hard to find items.  I buy canning lids, in bulk, from them at a considerable savings.  Their customer service is excellent and they even sent a refund on some of the money I sent them for shipping!  I highly recommend this company.

And, I am thrilled with the stainless drain board.  I don't have an automatic dishwasher, but I can honestly say, I would rather have this drain board.  It may sound silly, but it's true.

12 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I'm also a hand washer, but am blessed to have drainboard sinks. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO nice! I might have to get one as well. I have a plastic drain board and like you said it is never clean enough and always looks bad, no matter what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! You need one. Seriously. They have 3 different sizes, I think. Send for a catalog and take a look! This is a quality item.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you got a nice drain board! I know you've been wanting a good one for quite a while now! Which size did you get? I have a stainless drain board, but it's much smaller than hours, so anything that hangs over the side very much (such as cups) drips all over the counter. Does this drainboard have feet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it doesn't have feet. On one end, it has a part that hangs down so the thing will drain at an angle into the sink. The one I bought is 18" x 18". It is plenty big for my drainer so I can put cups on the outside of it. They also carry 18" x 20" and then one that says it is that dimension, but "narrows to 15" where it drains into the sink." I had kind of a hard time deciding which to get, but I love the one that came. I hope you can get one too!

      Delete
    2. Do you mind my asking what it cost?

      Delete
    3. The one I bought was $25.80 plus a little shipping. They will refund any extra shipping in CASH if you send too much! Nice folks.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for the cost info. You said that your size is 18" x 18" and from the picture it appears to narrow where it drains into the sink. Is your reference above to the 15" dimension where it narrows true of yours? I think the 18" x 18" is the size that I would need but I definitely also need the draining area to narrow to fit my sink.

      Delete
    5. Yes. The overall dimensions are 18 x 18, but it narrows to 11.5 inches. You're welcome!

      Delete
  4. Browsing through old posts....was just at a wedding shower at church and the bride to be received one of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very lucky bride! I wonder if they bought it from the same place.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...