Saturday, August 22, 2015

The chickens are molting... so what can I do?





Like I've mentioned before, sometimes I just like to play.  Lately, the chickens have been molting and dropping lots of feathers.  I like feathers, so I picked up some of the nicer ones and even found a crow feather the other day.  I thought maybe I could make a "Dream Catcher."  I worked very hard yesterday, in the barn and garden, so I'm a bit weary today and have been just kind of taking it easy, so today was the perfect day.  The frame of the Dream Catcher is from a mulberry tree sapling that I had to remove.  I peeled off the bark (and fed it to the goat) and bent it into a frame.  The cording is some of my handspun Jacob's sheep wool.  I like it.  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, really nice thoughts for the "chicken are molting" in your house. I also feel like its a kind of dream catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice Mom, I hope it catches some nice dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...