Sunday, January 13, 2019

A new tiny tip.... toasted cheese (and ham) sandwiches...

For lunch today I put together two sandwiches with a slice of cooked ham and a slice of mild cheddar cheese on each one.  I decided to "toast" them in a skillet.  Ordinarily, I would butter the outsides of the bread slices first, but I was distracted and forgot until I already had the sandwiches assembled.  So, I tried something new.  I heated up the skillet on medium heat and then added butter to it, enough that it covered the bottom and then I toasted the sandwiches on that.  The flavor was amazing!  The butter browned and added so much to the taste.  I will do it this way from now on.

This is not my picture, as we ate them before I could take one.  :)

Image result for images of ham and cheese sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...