Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Dandelion noodles - again - sign of spring!


Yesterday I was outside and had been noticing that the dandelions are coming up in our yard. Some people see dandelions as weeds.  Not me!  For me they are a highly sought after and nutritious vegetable.  Here in Indiana, USA, I can harvest them spring through fall. 

On the way back to the house I picked a nice handful of them and came in and made a 2-egg batch of noodles with them.  This time, I also gathered some fresh chives and garlic leaves from the vegetable garden, boiled them all together for 5 minutes, drained them and then put them in the blender with two eggs and a teaspoon of salt.  Then I made the noodles from that mix.  Above, you can see them cooking.

When they were done, I drained them, added about 3 tablespoons of butter, some salt and pepper and some chicken meat that I had canned.  Oh my... we'll have that for our meal today. 

I have posted about this before, and Here is the link to that post. This time, I used King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour. I also now own a small pasta roller and enjoy that, although that is certainly not necessary. Mine is like THIS ONE.

Sometimes I re-post things, since I've had this blog for about 10 years and I'm sure most of you Gentle Readers have not seen most of it.

Don't you just love springtime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...