Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Well, this was fun....




Friday I was driving home from town in the afternoon. I stopped behind a School Bus. I always stop quite a bit back from a bus, giving them a wide berth. It's a good thing I did. A man in the blue pickup truck didn't notice me sitting there until the very last second, and apparently he tried to swerve to the right to avoid hitting me. He slammed into the right rear side of my car, went past my car and hit a guardrail. You can see that my car is crumbled there and both sides of his poor truck are demolished. It was very loud and very violent. I've never been in a significant auto accident before. It happened. I sat there, a bit confused. I got out of my car and realized I was NOT injured. My left clavicle felt a little something. I'm sure that was from my seatbelt, but it has a lambskin sleeve on it so I didn't even get a bruise. I was fine. The other driver was not injured, either. He felt so bad and kept apologizing. Finally, I hugged him and told him it's okay. It was an accident. The poor guy - he had just finished paying off his truck loan. Our vehicles are "totalled" but no one was hurt. It's just inconvenient. It's just stuff and money. That's not what is important. I cried a little standing there because my nice car was ruined. I have my husband's pickup truck to drive in the meantime. It will all work out and be okay. I am very very grateful we are both safe!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...