Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Tiny laundry tip....

 


I ran across this idea online and can't remember where. For some time now, I've been using just "Dawn Platinum" dish detergent to do my laundry. I add only 1 or 2 teaspoons of the liquid to a load of laundry, depending on the size of the load. I am very happy with the results. My clothing is getting cleaner than I think it ever has and also is softer. I don't use fabric softener. I have 4 wool dryer balls. Now, I do need to mention that I have a water softener, so I don't know how well this would work with hard water. I try to buy my Dawn when it's on sale and so each load only costs 2 cents or 4 cents. It's amazing. I do hang my laundry to dry part of the time, but not always. In the wintertime, I use a drying rack near the woodstove. In the warmer months, I have clotheslines outside that I use a lot. However, if there is a streak of rainy weather or I'm very tired or in a hurry, I use the dryer. After all these years of buying and sometimes making my own laundry soap/detergent, I am so happy that I've discovered this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...